Theme & Call for Submissions
We are pleased to announce an open call for submissions to the 2024 ARNOVA Asia Conference, which will take place at Yonsei University on June 21-22, 2024. The conference is co-organized by Yonsei University’s graduate school of Social Welfare, the Korean Academy of Social Welfare (KSWE), Korean Association of Nonprofit Organization Research (KANPOR), and the Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA).
ARNOVA is the U.S.-based, international association that connects scholars, educators, and practice leaders to strengthen the field of nonprofit and philanthropic research in order to improve civil society and human life. ARNOVA is a neutral, open forum committed to strengthening the research about and helping shape better practice in these realms.
The theme for the 2024 ARNOVA Asia Conference is “Adapting to Crisis: Reshaping Nonprofit and Social Economy Sectors in and after the Wake of COVID-19.”
Scholars in the field of nonprofit and voluntary action studies have traditionally concentrated on traditional forms of assistance and the roles of organizations within the sector. However, the present era is marked by rapid and transformative changes, propelled by the emergence of cutting-edge technologies, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain, Machine Learning, and advanced data analytics. In parallel, within most societies, we anticipate the emergence of new social values brought forth by social economy organizations, including social enterprises, cooperatives, and B-corps. These organizations are redefining boundaries within the sector, blurring distinctions that were once clear.
Furthermore, the nonprofit sector has been profoundly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has prompted a swift and multifaceted response from organizations within the sector. In the wake of this crisis, the need to adapt, evolve, and innovate has become paramount. This conference theme offers a platform to explore the comprehensive implications of these rapid changes:
We are inviting conference submissions that address this conference theme in a wide range of nonprofit, charity & philanthropy, and social economy fields including, but not limited to:
- Giving & Volunteering
- Corporate Philanthropy
- Nonprofit Innovation & Impact
- Policy Advocacy and Civic Engagement
- Social Value and Performance of Social Enterprises and Co-ops
- Collaborations & Partnerships within and across Sectors
- Trends and Issues in Nonprofit Governance and Management
- New Technologies, Big Data, and Nonprofit Organizations
- Human and Financial Resource Management of Nonprofits
- COVID-19's Impact on Nonprofit and Social Economy Sectors
- Other Related Significant Topics
Important Dates & Guide
- Submissions open: December 20, 2023
- Deadline for proposal submission (no more than 500 words): February 21, 2024
- Notification of acceptance: March 8, 2024
- Program publication: April 23, 2024
Learn more and submit at: